Thursday, March 5, 2009

Much Ado about nothing!

Never did I imagine that my first ever post on my blog would have anything to do with Mahatma Gandhi. However, the fact is that oddly enough he has spurred me to begin blogging after years of procrastination!

Well, I have always believed that slotting things as black or white is impractical and one needs to appreciate the grey shades. The more shades of grey that I began to acknowledge, the more sense things in life started to make. So thank you for bothering to explore the shades with me!

This whole deal of the country's pride being at stake because some collector in the US is auctioning Gandhi's items makes me wonder if we are truly a xenophobic country or are we using this as an escape from our current "real" problems.

As far as my knowledge goes, the items being auctioned have not been stolen or acquired by the current owner by any illegal means. If that is the case, how will someone buying it insult "Bapu" or his countrymen? I certainly don't think there are any grey shades to this auction but as i said earlier perspectives vary.

Hearing his Great-Grandson speak about it on the Telly makes me laugh. I know that he may have his reason for the outbursts but it still makes me laugh.

That's all for now... I will be back when something else grey pulls me back to this page!

No comments:

Post a Comment